REACH / RoHS / Packaging
REACH stands for the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation of Chemicals. This new EU regulation centralises and simplifies chemicals legislation throughout Europe and entered into force on 1st of June 2007.
Objectives of REACH
- Heightening of the standard of knowledge about dangers and risks of chemicals
- Safe handling of chemicals
- Transferring more responsibility for the safety of the products to the producer
- Furthering of innovation and increasing the competitiveness of the European chemical industry
REACH declaration of EnOcean
The RoHS directive (Restriction of certain Hazardous Substances) of the European Union regulates the restriction of the usage of dangerous substances. From July 2007 on, it forbids the usage of certain substances in electric and electronic devices.
Objectives of RoHS
- Restriction of material that has become problematic due to the increase in "High-Tech Trash"
- Environmental protection
- Protection of the health of the product users
RoHS declaration of EnOcean